Keren G. Birnbaum, Esq. is a Partner with the firm where she concentrates her practice in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration and Elder Law. She has over 10 years of experience advising clients on how to protect themselves, their loved ones and their business in the event of death, incapacity or disability.
For many clients, estate and long-term care planning can be an intimidating process. Ms. Birnbaum walks them through the steps, listening to their concerns and educating them about their options. Her practice covers a wide range of matters, including:
- Estate Planning
- Health Care Proxy, Living Will, Durable Power of Attorney
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Asset Protection
- Medicaid and Long-Term Care Planning
- Charitable Giving
- Business Succession Planning
- Disability Planning
Her clients often include couples with young children who are typically most concerned about naming a guardian for their children, but soon realize they also need estate planning. She also works with many older adults who are looking to revise their wills, want to leave a legacy for their family, or are concerned about paying for long-term care. Her goal in every case is to provide personalized attentive service to clients to put them at ease and help them achieve their goals.
Ms. Birnbaum earned her law degree at Hofstra University School of Law and her Bachelor’s Degree at Brandeis University. She is admitted to the New York State Bar, is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Queens County Bar Association, Brandeis Association, and is an active member of the Elder Law and Trusts and Estates Sections of the New York State Bar Association. Ms. Birnbaum has also lectured and published articles on various elder law and estate planning issues.
Prior to joining the firm, she was a senior associate at a prominent firm in Brooklyn where she also practiced estate planning, elder law, asset protection, and trust and estate administration.
Ms. Birnbaum is a devoted wife and mother to three beautiful girls. She enjoys spending time with her family and is an active community member dedicating her spare time to her local synagogue and her children’s schools as Corresponding Secretary of the Parent Teacher Organization.
- Interviewed by Miriam L. Wallach on “That’s Life” on the Nachum Segal Network, June 4, 2021
- Estate Planning After Divorce, Happily...Even After Radio Show with Kim Ciesinski on LI News Radio, FM 103.9, May 13, 2021
- 5 Common Estate Planning Mistakes Made by Women and How to Avoid Them, April 21, 2021
- Pivoting Post-Divorce panelist, April 7, 2021
- 5 Estate Planning Mistakes and How They Impact Your Finances, December 1, 2020
- Interviewed for The Business Power Hour, January 8, 2020
Publications and Other Speaking Engagements
- Mental Health Professional Event: Special Needs Planning, January 13, 2021
- Planning Your Future, October 22, 2020
- Financial Wellness: Life Strategies for Women, July 9 & 14, 2020
- Getting Your Estate Plan and Finances in Order, various dates in 2020
- Estate Planning During a Pandemic, May 22, 2020
- Estate Planning Considerations in a Time of Crisis, Like the Coronavirus, Nassau County Bar Association, April 29, 2020
- Coronavirus Update, April 13, 2020
- Preparing Your Estate Plan, March 31, 2020
- Smart Planning in an Upside-Down World, March 30, 2020
- What You Need to Know About Estate Planning, Financial Wellness: Life Strategies for Women, March 26, 2020
- Script Your Families Future, February 25, 2020
- Preparing Your Estate Plan, February 13, 2020
- Estate Planning Basics, February 12, 2020
- 6 Common Estate Planning Mistakes Women Make, 2020 Vision: Life Strategies for Savvy Women, January 29, 2019
- Quoted in Soaps in Depth, December 16, 2019
- Featured in Long Island Business News, Ones to Watch, October 11-17, 2019
- 4 Musts for Estate Planning in Your 50s and Beyond, "55 and Fabulous" - A Symposium for the Senior Community, August 2019