Jeffrey S. Ettenger concentrates his practice in the area of labor and employment law, assisting employers with their day-to-day employment needs, as well as all areas of employment litigation.
Mr. Ettenger focuses on helping small to mid-size businesses, providing cost effective and pragmatic advice to employers to assist them in operating their business and avoiding litigation. He counsels companies on a broad range of matters, including:
- Wage and hour laws
- Labor laws
- Employment policies and procedures
- Employee handbooks
- Employment, non-compete and confidentiality agreements
- Internal investigations
- Legal training for human resource departments and managers
A skilled trial attorney, Mr. Ettenger has substantial litigation experience defending state and federal law unpaid wage claims involving collective and class actions, as well as New York State and Federal Department of Labor investigations regarding alleged unpaid wages.
He also litigates employment discrimination cases in both state and federal court relating to gender, age, disability, national origin and race discrimination. He has vast experience in litigating these types of cases from inception through trial and has successfully tried cases to verdict in both state and federal court.
Mr. Ettenger has handled a wide variety of litigation claims, including commercial litigation matters, insurance coverage, labor law and personal injury claims. He has over 15 years of active experience litigating cases in New York Courts.
Publications, Speaking Engagements and News
- Major Changes to Sexual Harassment Laws That Will Affect Every New York Employer, National Conference of CPA Practitioners, presenter - May 30, 2017
- Employers, Large and Small, Impacted by New State Law, Long Island Business News, May 25-31, 2018.
- Protect Your Business With A Well-Designed Employee Hiring Package, The HIA-Long Island Reporter, May 2018
- Named 2018 Top Legal Eagle, Long Island Pulse magazine, March 2018
- 5 Things You Must Include in Your Sexual Harassment Prevention Plan, HR Dive, February 6, 2018
- How To Prevent And Respond To Sexual Harassment Claims, HR.com, October, 27, 2017
- Recent Changes to New York Employment Law that Impact Your Business, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers, North East Chapter Newsletter, page 7 - October 2017
- Employee Relations: Hiring & Firing - OnBoarding, Employment Agreements, Severance Agreements, and more, BOOM B2B Expo and Executive Speaker Conference, panelist - October 19, 2017
- Key Facts about the New Employment Laws in New York That Will Save You Money, Business Fundamentals Bootcamp, speaker - September 28, 2017
- Featured in Long Island Business News, Ones to Watch, July 7-13, 2017
- Preventing and Responding to Sexual Harassment Claims, Law You Should Know, WHPC FM Radio, interview - June 21, 2017
- Protecting Employers from the Perils of Labor and Employment Laws, New York State Society of CPAs, Forensic Accounting and Litigation Services Conference, speaker - May 23, 2017
- FLSA Is Changing. Are You Ready?, National Educational Telecommunications Association, webinar speaker - Nov 3, 2016
- How to Create a Safe, Productive and Secure Workplace, Organizational Development Network of Long Island, panelist - Nov 1, 2016
- The Changing Employment Law Landscape for Next Generation Business Owners, Long Island Institute of Management Accountants Newsletter - Oct 2016
- Supreme Court Expands Whistleblower Protection, Westlaw Journal - Feb 25, 2015
- Supreme Court Considers Fired TSA Air Marshal's Whistleblower Status, Westlaw Journal Aviation ft. Jeff Ettenger - Nov 18, 2014
- Hofstra University School of Law - J.D.
- University of Maryland - B.A.
Learn more about the firm's Employment Law practice.